So I think I'm losing my mind! The other night, IN MY SLEEP, I picked Jake up and held him under his head/shoulders and bounced/rocked him like I do Austin. I carefully set him back down on his pillow....scaring the CRAP out of him. Who does this!!? In my sleep I could hear Austin fussing in his crib so I think I did it out of habit!! Jake was terrified and I really am lucky he didn't punch me or something. He probably thought he was getting attacked. Needless to say, that night Austin slept all night until 5:30. So I guess I just needed my "fix" of being a mommy..so Jake got to be rocked! How strange. Kind of creepy. And, by the way, I've never walked in my sleep and I rarely talk in my sleep. I'm not gonna lie, this freaked me out! The next morning I convinced myself it was a dream until Jake said he totally remembered me doing something strange to him and scaring him to death. Weird.
Anyway besides me being weirdo, life has been so fun..and crazy. This was our week:
Monday: Jake's grandpa died. Jake helps move his brother Ryan into his new apartment. Jake helps move his grandpa's stuff out of his assisted living place.
Tuesday: Wedding dinner (for Ryan and Alex) at PF Changs...where Austin had the biggest blow out he's ever had. The changing table was disgusting in the restroom, so I changed his diaper and clothes in the bathroom hall at the restaurant.
Thursday: Ryan got married..beautiful wedding and awesome reception!
Saturday: Jake's grandpa's funeral/viewing.
Sunday: Logan's baby blessing.
It's been a busy week and we are just barely getting our christmas tree this week! This time of year is crazy but super fun and I am so excited to celebrate Austin's first Christmas!
Seriously, I did that to Nick like a dozen times! I'm glad I'm not the only delirious one in the middle of the night.
ReplyDeleteAustin looks so studly in his little tie shirt! Awe... :) Sorry to hear about Jake's grandpa.
Okay. Kim that is hilarious! I can say that I have never done that. But brad did it to me once. He freaked out cause he thought he had rolled over onto Devin in the bed, but Devin was asleep in her bassinet. Devin isn't really a tummy time fan either.
ReplyDelete